School Health Advisory Council Membership
|Jan Fulbright||SHAC Chair|
|Deidra Harrison||Executive Director of Students|
|Jennifer Gallaher||LISD Administrative Assistant/SHAC Secretary|
|Yolanda Bell||LISD Staff|
|Kim Simmons||Community (Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council)|
|Kim Bartel||Community (Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council)|
|Board Members||Lufkin ISD School Board|
|Student Council||Students of Lufkin High School — Sponsor Lavada Hill|
|Daniel Usher||LHS Student Council Coordinator|
The Lufkin ISD School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) usually meets the second Thursday of the months of September, November, February, and May from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Dunbar Education Center, Training Room A, unless otherwise noted. Sub-committees may meet between regular scheduled meetings. Meetings are open to the public.
- Attend meetings of the LISD School Health Advisory Council
- Actively serve on sub-committees
- Lend his/her experience and expertise in helping the council make recommendations to the school board on school health related awareness programs and activities
- Work with committee on projects and or research and analysis of specific issues relating to school health.
- Promote awareness of the SHAC committee
- Regular Meetings: September, November, February and May – 1 1/2 hours/meeting (called meetings and changes when necessary)
- Sub-committee requirements: Approximately 2-4 hours per month
Please contact the SHAC office at (936) 633-7264 if you are interested in volunteering.