Interested in becoming a substitute for Lufkin ISD?
- Approved background check
- Two reference reports on file
Click HERE for the Online Substitute Application.
- Complete the Online Application as an External Applicant and choose Substitute.
- Upon submission, an additional form will be sent to your email. Please complete and submit this form for your background check. Your application cannot be processed until we receive this form.
- The Human Resource Services department will review all applications and contact selected applicants.
- Applicants must provide the following information: official transcripts with university seal/registrar’s signature, teaching certificate (if applicable), I-9 identification such as driver’s license and Social Security card or U.S. Passport, and a voided check for Direct Deposit purposes.
Requirements for Employment
Meet application requirements listed above.
- Attend Substitute Orientation
- Fingerprinting — We will provide the information for fingerprinting.
Rate of Pay
|Half day||Full day|
|Critical SPED Paraprofessionals||$35||$70|
Applicants who meet the deadlines, requirements, and complete the process as outlined above will be added to our active substitute list and loaded into the SmartFind system. Lufkin ISD will select those individuals who best meet the needs of the district from the substitute applicant pool. Completion of a substitute application does not guarantee employment as a substitute.
Click here for the link to the Substitute Management System.
If you forget your User Id or password, please contact our office at (936) 634-6696.
Click here for Skyward Employee Access.