One-Time Early Resignation Notice Incentive
For professional staff under contract for the 2017-18 school year:
The Texas Education Code allows educators employed under a probationary, term, or continuing contract to provide notice of resignation without penalty, at any time up until 45 days before the first day of instruction of the following school year. In order to allow the District additional time to plan staffing for the 2018-19 school year, the District is offering a one-time incentive to eligible professional employees for their early notice of resignation. By voluntarily choosing to access the early resignation notice incentive, the eligible employee agrees to the terms outlined below:
Eligibility: The first 50 employees who meet the following requirements are eligible for the incentive:
- All professional staff currently under contract. Professional staff means employees currently on a Chapter 21 or Non-Chapter 21 written employment contract.
- The incentive is not available to professional staff who have already resigned or who resign effective immediately or who do not work until the last duty day of the 2016-2017 school year.
- Resignation, completed form and related information as detailed below must be submitted in person no later than Friday, March 9, 2018, by noon to the Human Resources office located at 101 Cotton Square. Resignation and Incentive Forms will not be received by email, U.S. Mail or fax. Employees who make late submissions will not be eligible for the incentive.
Amount: A full-time professional employee whose resignation is found to meet the requirements noted above will receive a $1,000 (ONE THOUSAND AND N0/100 DOLLARS) incentive included in his/her final paycheck for 2017-18. Part-time professional employees whose resignation is found to meet the requirements noted herein will receive a $500 (FIVE HUNDRED AND N0/100 DOLLARS) incentive included in his/her final paycheck for 2017-18. The incentive payment will be subject to all legally required deductions.
Contingency: Eligibility for an incentive payment is contingent upon the employee maintaining his or her employment and completing his or her assigned contract work schedule through the effective date of the resignation at the end of the 2017-18 school year.
- The employee must personally hand-deliver to the Human Resource Services office on or before Friday, March 9, 2018, by noon, a dated and signed letter of resignation addressed to the Superintendent. The employee’s resignation must be voluntary, unconditional, in a form acceptable to the Superintendent of Schools, and must state that it is effective on the employee’s last duty day of the 2017-18 school year.
- The employee must complete and sign the Early Resignation Notice Incentive Form and submit the completed form with his or her written resignation letter. The Early Resignation Notice Incentive Fonn is available on the District website and from the Human Resource Services office. Any questions about the incentive application process should be submitted to Hollie Beauchamp (email@example.com) or at (936) 630-4334. Both steps 1 and 2 in this procedure above must be submitted together in person to the Human Resource Services office. Failure to satisfactorily complete steps 1 and 2 will be cause for not considering the resignation as eligible for the incentive program.
- Each completed resignation and incentive application will be reviewed for eligibility in the order received. Once approved, resignations cannot be withdrawn. The decision of the Superintendent as to eligibility and compliance with the plan is final.