One-Time Early Resignation Notice Incentive
For professional staff under contract for the 2019-2020 school year:
The Texas Education Code allows educators employed under a probationary, term, or continuing contract to provide notice of resignation without penalty, at any time up until 45 days before the first day of instruction of the following school year. In order to allow the District additional time to plan staffing for the 2020-2021 school year, the District is offering a one-time incentive to eligible professional employees for their early notice of resignation. By voluntarily choosing to access the early resignation notice incentive, the eligible employee agrees to the terms outlined below:
Eligibility: The first fifty (50) employees who meet the following requirements are eligible for the incentive:
- All professional staff currently under contract. Professional staff means employees currently on a Chapter 21 or Non-Chapter 21 written employment contract.
- The incentive is not available to professional staff members who have already resigned or who resign effective immediately or who do not work until the last duty day of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Resignation, completed form, and related information as detailed below must be submitted in person no later than Thursday, March 5, 2020 by 4:30 p.m. to the Human Resource Services office located at 101 Cotton Square Lufkin, TX. Resignation and incentive forms will not be received by email, U.S. Mail, or fax. Employees who make late submissions will not be eligible for the incentive.
Amount: A full-time professional employee whose resignation is found to meet the requirements noted above will receive a $1,000 (ONE THOUSAND AND NO/100 DOLLARS) incentive included in his/her final paycheck for 2019-2020. Part-time professional employees whose resignation is found to meet the requirements noted herein will receive a $500 (FIVE HUNDRED AND NO/100 DOLLARS) incentive included in his/her final paycheck for 2019-2020. The incentive payment will be subject to all legally required deductions.
Contingency: Eligibility for an incentive payment is contingent upon the employee maintaining his or her employment and completing his or her assigned contract work schedule through the effective date of the resignation at the end of the 2019-2020 school year.
- The employee must personally hand-deliver to the Human Resource Services office on or before Thursday, March 5, 2020 by 4:30 p.m., a dated and signed letter of resignation addressed to the Superintendent. The employee’s resignation must be voluntary, unconditional, in a form acceptable to the Superintendent of Schools, and must state that it is effective on the employee’s last duty day of the 2019- 2020 school year.
- In addition, the employee must complete and sign the Early Resignation Notice Incentive Form and submit the completed form with his or her written resignation letter. The Early Resignation Notice Incentive Form is available on the District website and from the Human Resource Services office. Any questions about the incentive application process should be submitted to Hollie Beauchamp (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at 936-630-4334. Both steps 1 and 2 in this procedure above must be submitted together in person to the Human Resource Services office. Failure to satisfactorily complete steps 1 and 2 will be cause for not considering the resignation as eligible for the incentive program.
- Each completed resignation and incentive application will be reviewed for eligibility in the order received. Once approved, resignations cannot be withdrawn. The decision of the Superintendent as to eligibility and compliance with the plan is final.
Early Resignation Notice Incentive Pay Plan 2019-2020
Purpose: Provide a monetary incentive payment to professional staff members who intend to voluntarily resign and/or retire at the end of the 2019-2020 school year. In order to allow the school district additional time to plan staffing for the 2020- 2021 school year, the Lufkin ISD is offering an incentive to eligible employees for the early notice of resignation.
Eligibility: Only employees who meet the criteria listed below are eligible for the incentive. The decision of the Superintendent as to eligibility and compliance with this plan is final.
- Only the first fifty (50) employees meeting the eligibility requirements will receive the incentive.
- Professional staff who have been employed with the district since the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year (prior to September 1, 2019).
- Professional staff already planning to voluntarily resign or retire at the end of the 2019-2020 school year.
- The employee must personally submit to the Human Resource Services office a letter of resignation addressed to the Superintendent on or before 4:30 p.m., Thursday, March 5, 2020. The resignation must be voluntary, unconditional, in a form acceptable to the Superintendent and effective on the employee’s last duty day of the 2019-2020 school year, unless the employee and Superintendent agree to an alternate date in writing prior to the last duty day shown on the school calendar. It is the responsibility of the employee to obtain a written agreement establishing a different date.
- The resignation letter must be accompanied by this form, signed by the employee. Employees who have already submitted notice of resignation are not eligible to apply for the incentive.
- Upon acceptance of the resignation letter, the Superintendent shall approve the resignation and notify the employee in writing. The resignation may not be rescinded after acceptance of the resignation by the Superintendent.
Incentive Payment: Professional full-time staff eligible and accepted for the incentive pay shall receive up to $1,000 on their final 2019-2020 paycheck. $1,000 (ONE THOUSAND AND NO/100 DOLLARS) will be paid to full-time professional employees and $500 (FIVE HUNDRED AND NO/100 DOLLARS) will be paid to part-time professional employees.