Congratulations to the 2018-2019 LISD Leadership Academy. The program was officially kicked off Wednesday afternoon at a welcome reception at the Administration building. The Lufkin ISD Leadership Academy is an innovative program for teachers, instructional coaches and other aspiring leaders. The Academy develops leadership capacity in participants to enable them to progress as leaders on their campuses and in the district. The group is headed up by Assistant Superintendent, Dr. Anthony Sorola, and Deputy Superintendent, Kurt Stephens.
The group will participate in the following:
- Monthly seminars led by campus/district leaders covering topics related to instructional leadership, special services, discipline management, professional/digital learning, financial oversight, human resources, and support services
- Mentorship opportunities with campus leaders and district administrators
- Networking & leadership talks featuring campus and district leaders
- Reflective literature study
- Online learning experiences
The following were chosen for this year’s academy: