A Transition Parent Meeting for parents of students ages 3-22 with special needs is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 10, in the Lufkin High School library. (Enter the main entrance of the high school, then go straight to reach the library.)
The meeting will offer information to parents to help parents begin preparing the students for life after graduation.
Participating agencies and individuals include:
Burke — Provides services for children with developmental disabilities.
- Community-based care facilities (ICF/IID)
- Group home and Host home (HCS)
- Mental Health
Texas Workforce Solutions/Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Information about how TWS can help your child get a job
- How a job affects Social Security payments
- Provides support such as an interpreter for hearing impaired, assistive technology (hearing aids, braces, wheelchairs, services for blind) to improve function on their jobs
Jason Armstrong, attorney
- Information about Guardianship and Trusts/Wills
Christopher Thomas, Job Corps
- Tuition-free training for job skills
For more information, contact Kay Bowers, VAC, Lufkin High School Transition Specialist, at (936) 630-4185 or email@example.com.
Spanish and sign language interpretation available.
More information in Spanish: